We’re returning to our building.
Safely, responsibly, but we’re returning to our building.
We have been away for 9 weeks and that’s a long time for us to be away from each other as a local body of believers.
We did so out of a concern for the health and well being of our congregation and visitors, and we are returning bearing the same things in mind. We have prepared the building by cleaning it with one of few available cleaners from the Health Canada list of approved cleaners for this situation.
Our first meeting is Sunday May 24th at 11:00 AM.
In order to maintain the health, safety and well being of each other, we have a set of instructions we’d like you all to follow.
- If you are high risk or have an underlying health condition, we encourage you to stay at home and worship there. We want you there, but we don’t want to unnecessarily risk your health. Only you can determine that for yourself. LIVESTREAM should be back online for Sunday May 31st.
- If you know that you have been in contact with someone with CoVid-19 in the last 14 days, WE REQUIRE you to stay at home until you have no longer been in contact with them for 21 days.
- I know we haven’t seen each other for a while, but we’re asking you to refrain from hugging and handshaking out of respect for the health and safety of others. The day will come when that will change, and I’ll be among the first to shake your hands, but let’s all wait until that day arrives.
- If you live together, sit together. Otherwise, we ask you to maintain the Health Minister’s guideline of 6 feet (2 metres) from others. The chairs will be spaced differently so that this is possible. If need arises, we will add extra chairs to maintain this spacing.
- We will not be handing out bulletins or paper notices, preferring to limit that to online forms of distributing information.
- We have not traditionally passed the offering plate, and it will be out in the back, but would ask you to consider using online giving instead. Information on how to do that is available here on the website under the heading “Giving”.
- We have traditionally had a potluck lunch together. The kitchen area will be available for you to use to do that, especially those that attend from a long distance, but you do so at your own risk. If you live in town, we would encourage you to consider going home for that meal instead.
We will be cleaning the building using appropriate cleaners between Sunday and Wednesday, and between Wednesday and Sunday.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as the Lord allows this Sunday.